Unknown ‘friend’ called 911 afterseen Ethan Chapin & his girlfriend Xana Kernodle’s body

According to a source, the closest friend of the murdered University of Idaho student Ethan Chapin discovered his mate stabbed to death in bed and contacted 911.

- Advertisement -

According to a source, the closest friend of one of the slain University of Idaho students discovered his friend stabbed to death in bed and phoned 911, rather than one of the remaining two roommates in the residence.

According to NewsNation, Ethan Chapin was discovered dead in bed with his girlfriend Xana Kernodle by a longtime acquaintance, who went so far as to check his pulse before phoning 911.

Chapin and Kernodle, both 20, were slain in a knife assault on Nov. 13 at their off-campus house in Moscow, Idaho, along with companions Madison Mogen, 21, and Kaylee Goncalves, 21.

It had previously been claimed that the phone of Dylan Mortensen, 21, who survived the attack with Bethany Funke, was used to call police about eight hours after the slayings occurred in the early hours of the morning.

The identity of Chapin’s closest buddy was hidden by NewsNation, but they were the ones who used Mortensen’s phone to make the call.

On the night of the killings, Mortensen told police she observed an unknown “person clothed in black clothing and a mask” passing by her, toward the home’s rear exit, just after 4 a.m.

“Mortensen characterized the figure as 5′ 10′′ or taller, male, not extremely strong, but athletically built with bushy eyebrows,” according to a police affidavit. The man passed by [her] while she stood in a state of ‘frozen astonishment.’

“The man approached the back sliding glass door. After witnessing the guy, Mortensen shut herself in her room.”

It took another eight hours before the cops were called, and sources claim Mortensen was in shock following the meeting.

“She was terrified. “She was terrified, and properly so,” said Shanon Gray, a lawyer for victim Kaylee Goncalves’ family. “He’d just slain four individuals in the house.”

Bryan Kohberger, a Ph.D. student at neighboring Washington State University Pullman, was apprehended in December following a multi-state manhunt and charged with triple murder but has indicated he would plead not guilty when he is arraigned later this year.

Mortensen apparently screamed out to her companions to shut down while the killings were taking place, assuming they were partying, NewsNation earlier reported.

The surviving roommate reportedly told detectives that just after 4 a.m. on the night of the killings, she observed a “person clothed in black clothing and a mask” strolling by her toward the home’s rear exit.

Mortensen and the other surviving roommate Bethany Funke’s delay in calling authorities surprised investigators, an Idaho law enforcement source told The Post, saying officers weren’t sure if it was “an issue of alcohol, or of fear”. Both were never considered suspects in the crime.

- Advertisement -

Hot Topics

Related Articles